Acne is a skin problem that many people suffer from and which is not easy to hide since it leaves scars. If you are looking for a remedy to remove acne scars, we have natural and effective remedies for you to get rid of this problem for good.
Causes of acne scars
There are many causes of acne scars. Here are some of the most common:
- The excessive fat present in your skin: a skin that contains too much oil and grease prevents good sweat. This causes clogged pores which can make healing difficult when you squeeze a pimple.
- Accumulation of bacteria: Bacteria spread around the hair follicles. When you don’t clean your face enough, these bacteria increase acne.
- Improper Acne Removal: It’s important that you don’t try to get rid of acne the wrong way. This includes using irritants and scrubbing with rough or overused sponges.
In this article, we are going to introduce you to a series of effective natural remedies for removing acne scars.
Aloe Vera is an extremely effective natural skin regenerator. According to a study published in the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Aloe Vera helps get rid of acne scars thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. In addition, the amino acids and zinc in Aloe Vera soften the skin and tighten the pores.
Here is how to use Aloe Vera for acne:
- Take a tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and massage your clean face in circular motions.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- It is recommended to repeat this massage 3 times a week.
Lemon is the perfect option for removing acne scars and other marks on the skin. It also removes dead cells, which aids skin regeneration and elasticity. The vitamin C present in lemon is fundamental for the production of collagen which regenerates the skin, according to a study published in the Orthopedic Journal of Sports Medicine.
Try the following remedies to fight acne scars:
For normal skin: Apply lemon juice directly to your scars using a cotton ball. Let sit for 10 minutes and rinse. Apply it twice a day to repair the damage as quickly as possible.
For oily skin: honey prevents your skin from drying out. Take the juice of one lemon and combine it with 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply the mixture to the scars and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse the face and repeat it every day.
It is recommended to avoid this method if you have sensitive skin or if you are exposed to the sun for long periods of time each day.
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent clarifying tonic for acne scars. This is due to its incredible astringent properties.
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic, citric, lactic, and succinic acid. It is strongly acidic by nature and therefore should be used with caution on the skin. A study published in the scientific journal Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology showed that succinic acid suppressed inflammation caused by Propionibacterium acnes, a bacteria that contributes to acne. This acid can also help prevent scarring.
Try one of the following two methods:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of water. Apply the liquid with a cotton ball to the affected area. Leave it on overnight and wash your face the next morning.
- In ½ cup of water, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply the mixture on acne pimples and scars with a cotton ball and remove it after 15 minutes. Repeat this operation every day.
Bacteria called Propionibacterium acnes are the most abundant bacteria on human skin, and are one of the causes of acne.
Turmeric being an anti-inflammatory, it is recommended for acne-prone skin, which produces red pimples.
A study published in the Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin indicated that curcumin has antibacterial activity against a number of bacteria including Propionibacterium acnes when combined with lauric acid.
Try the following remedies:
- Prepare a mixture with 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and lemon juice. Apply it to the areas with acne scars and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse and repeat the method twice a day.
- Mix 1 tbsp of turmeric powder, 1 tbsp of natural yogurt, and 1 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil, to make a paste, apply it on your scars and let sit until ‘it is dry and then rinse it with cold water. Apply this remedy 3 times a week.