The appearance of gray hair is one of the major beauty concerns for both men and women. Considered a sign of old age, the first gray hairs are difficult to accept and often generate a state of depression, especially in women.
Like any other organ in the body, hair must receive the necessary and adequate nutrition to be beautiful and healthy. For this reason, we can say that healthy hair is a combination of good nutrition, good treatment with hair care, and hormonal stability. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
Stress, malnutrition, pollution, aging, or hormonal dysregulation play a harmful role in the health of our hair, thus promoting their fall and early onset of gray hair.
Understanding the appearance of gray hair
The appearance of gray hair, also called canities, appears following a decrease in the production of melanin by melanocytes, cells whose role is to color the hair. As the years go by, the latter wear out, and so we are witnessing the transformation of the color of the hair which turns gray. Nevertheless, several factors are involved in the appearance of gray hair, including:
- Old age
- A high level of stress
- An unsuitable diet
- Excessive consumption of coffee, fried foods, and spices
- Shock or emotional trauma
Although there are many products for quick hair coloring, the fact remains that they are still very harmful because they contain chemicals that are harmful to the scalp and therefore accelerate hair loss. Fortunately, there are many natural remedies that can reduce the onset of canities and their visibility, thus helping to keep your hair looking silky smooth. One of these remedies is the combination of ginger, olive oil, and preferably organic honey.
Natural recipe with ginger and olive oil
- 1 ginger root
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Method of preparation and use:
Grate the ginger to extract the juice. Pour the latter into a container and mix with a tablespoon of olive and a tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture to your scalp once a week and let it sit for about forty minutes. Once the forty minutes have passed, wash your hair with your usual shampoo.
Benefits of the ingredients:
- The ginger has many properties including relieving headaches, rheumatism, colds, and nausea. Considered an antioxidant, it helps protect body cells against free radicals. Widely used in traditional medicine, it has the merit of stimulating the scalp and promoting hair regrowth. Combined with other ingredients, it helps prevent and darken gray hair.
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidants. It is considered to be beneficial for our scalp. Rich in vitamin A and E, it reduces damage caused by hair products. It contains monounsaturated fatty acids which help to keep hair healthy and protected. it also contains antibacterial agents that fight, among other things, against dandruff and head lice. It is a moisturizer and natural hair care.
honey is a staple in hair beauty. Moisturizing and antioxidant, honey nourishes, strengthens, and purifies the hair.
credit to santeplusmag